10/30/12

Prepping Your Skin for Winter

We all know that this time of year our skin needs a little bit of extra care. My skin is fairly dry all year round so it's imparative that I pay special attention to not only my skin but also to my hair and nails. I have compiled a list of products that I use throughout the winter months (and some throughout the year) to make sure my skin is hydrated and protected.

Lets starts with Hair:


 
Moroccain Oil. Before I discovered this HG product, I used mousse, leave in conditioner and a shine serum to my hair. Now, I use this and heat protectant. I would have never thought that adding oil to my hair would do anything for it but this stuff makes my hair so smooth and so shiny that I will never style my hair without it. Not to mention that I have had this bottle for a year and I use it about 3 times a week! For the winter months, this is especially good since it tames fly-a-ways and helps protect the hair. This is my only mentioned hair product because, yes, it's that good.
 
 
On to Skin:
 
 


 

Oil of Olay Moisturizing Cream. I would say this cream is universal for almost all skin types. It's a heavier cream that absorbs into the skin really nicely. I have tried many different types of creams and have found this one does not cause breakouts to my skin. This stuff keeps your skin really moisturized when it's super cold and dry without weighing you down.






Another Oil of Olay product. I just picked this up recently because the skin around my eyes were becomming dry as it started to get cooler. This is not an eye cream but an eye gel. It has a nice cooling effect when applied and although it has a light feeling it is super moisturizing. Since I've been using it (about a month now) I have noticed a huge difference.
 
 

 
Ok. I promise this is the last Oil of Olay product. This brand really doesn't get enough recognition. This next face cream is the Night Fortifying Moisturizer. It's a staple I have been using for years now and I do use it throughout both the summer and winter months. Taking care of your skin at night is so important. When you're sleeping your skin repairs itself. By adding some proper moisture your skin it helps it from going into overdrive which can lead to breakouts and extra dryness.
 
 
Hands, Lips & Nails:


A good hand lotion is important for the colder months. I am loving the Vaseline Extra Stength hand lotion.
 


Babylips by Maybelline. All year I wear lip balm but need it more now! Before bed, before lipstick, after eating. It's really a neccessity to keep your lips soft and flake free!
 

 
  Call it a bad habit but I seem to neglect my nails in the colder months. Yes, a hand lotion helps combat dry cuticles but I have found that this Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme has gone that extra step to making my nails nourished and hydrated.
 
 
So there you have it. My tried and true products to keep my skin, hair and nails healthy not only throughout the year but especially during winter time. Don't forget to stay hydrated and drink plenty of water!
 
What are your go to products during the winter?


2 comments:

  1. This is a really good list! I've been trying to find something for my eyes so I am going to use your recommendation. I am also a huge fan of the cuticle creme! That stuff is amazing!

    Angela
    www.embraceenchanted.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eye gel works really well, I hope you like it! And yes, the cuticle cream is a life saver, and it smells amazing!

      Delete